Meat found in cannibal suitcase isnt part of man hes suspected of killing
A man has been accused of cannibalism after he was caught passing through an airport carrying a suitcase filled with pieces of meat.
Brazilian Begoleã Mendes Fernandes, 26, was arrested at Lisbon Airport and it had been claimed the meat could be the human remains of 21-year-old Alan Lopes, whom he is charged of killing in Amsterdam last Sunday (February 26).
However, after a source connected to the case confirmed to Fox News that Fernandes had a plastic bag with "pieces of meat" it transpired that the meat was not from Lopes' body.
READ MORE: Charles Bronson bans 'long-lost son' from parole hearing after explosive TV documentary
The bombshell information from forensic experts means that the provenance of the suitcase remains will also need to be investigated.
Dutch police have confirmed Lopes was the victim of a 'serious violent crime.'
Fernandes had just arrived from the Dutch capital when he showed up at Lisbon Airport, a stopover on his journey back to his native Brazil.
A spokesman for the Portuguese Borders and Immigration Service said: "A 26-year-old man suspected of murder in the Netherlands was arrested at Lisbon Airport on Monday.
"He was wearing clothes with blood on them and had a package containing pieces of meat.
"He was held at the airport's border control after the authorities became suspicious about the legality of the Italian ID card he presented.
Matt Hancock asked when to 'deploy' next Covid variant to 'frighten' public
"He was initially detained over suspicions he was travelling on falsified documents before it was subsequently discovered he was suspected of committing a homicide in the Netherlands the day before."
Portuguese daily Jornal de Noticias reported that the 21-year-old was found dead at the home he shared with his family, and that he may have been a victim of cannibalism.
A spokesman for Dutch police said: "On Monday afternoon a 25-year-old man was arrested at the airport in Lisbon in collaboration with the Portuguese authorities and the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee.
"The man is suspected of having been involved in the death of a 21-year-old man who was found in a home on Vegasstraat in North Amsterdam on the evening of Sunday February 26."
To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here .
Captain's final three-word scream before uncontrollable plane crash killed all on board
Prince Harry once begged entire England rugby team for autographs as they stood naked
Heroin addict mum who 'looked dead' is unrecognisable after going seven years clean
Millionaire who murdered son with shotgun and then wife with rifle is locked up for life
Source: Read Full Article