Harry was persistent in wanting Queen to have photo with Lilibet, says expert
Prince Harry was "persistent" in pushing for the Queen to sit down for a professional photograph with his daughter Lilibet, a royal expert has claimed.
Harry and Meghan Markle returned to the UK in June for the late monarch's Platinum Jubilee celebrations, bringing their children Archie and Lilibet with them.
The trip marked the first time the Queen met her namesake great-granddaughter, and the first time both Harry and Meghan had been back in the UK together since leaving for America.
READ MORE: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'blaming everyone but themselves' in Netflix series
It was when the Queen first met Lilibet that both Harry and Meghan were thought to be keen to get an official snap of great-grandmother and great-grandchild.
But reports have suggested this request was denied by the Queen as she had a bloodshot eye at the time.
And now writing in The Telegraph, royal expert Camilla Tominey claims Harry was "persistent" in wanting a photo to be taken.
She said: "When the couple made another beeline for Windsor Castle, travelling straight there after landing at Farnborough Airport, she refused their request to have professional photographs taken with Archie, three, and her namesake Lilibet, one.
"Claiming she had a bloodshot eye, she adroitly denied the Sussexes the photo opportunity they craved.
"Harry was 'persistent', according to those party to the meeting, expressing a desire to get an official snap of the two Lilibets together at some point in the future. But of course, it was never to be. She died three months later."
It comes as Harry has spoken of a "dirty game" where there is "leaking" and "planting of stories" in a new trailer for his upcoming Netflix docuseries which will debut this week.
In the one-minute teaser for the six-part Harry & Meghan series, he also discusses the "pain and suffering" of women marrying into the Royal Family.
The streaming giant confirmed volume one will launch on tomorrow (Thursday, December 8) – exactly three months after the death of the Queen – with the second volume to be released on Thursday, December 15.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Royal fans accuse Meghan of 'copying' Kate with outfit choice for awards ceremony
Kate Middleton's subtle nod to Queen at royal reception ahead of Sussexes' award
Prince Harry and Meghan's 'move into politics' with award is 'insulting to Royal Family'
Source: Read Full Article