Happiest place to live in the UK has been announced – see where your town ranks
The happiest place in the United Kingdom to live has been decided, and it might not be where you expect.
Ever year, housing giants Rightmove compile a list of the UK's happiest places.
Based on the opinions of 21,000 people, the Happy at Home study found that St Ives in Cornwall is the happiest place to live.
READ MORE: Brits slam miserable council killjoys who are set to cut down estate's Christmas tree
The study takes into account a strong sense of community, and polite and friendly residents, as well as obious things such as scenery and the housing market.
Galashiels in Scotland came second, while Woodbridge in Suffolk came third.
No cities have been named in the entire top 20, with Hexham in Northumberland and Perth in Scotland round out the top five.
The city of London actually finished 138th on the list, while Manchester came 144th .
Liverpool finished way down on the list at 194th , and Bolton was even lower at 198th .
Rotherham propped up the table in 211th place, which would apparently make it the unhappiest place to live in the UK.
The full Happy list, featuring average house price and rent costs, is:
1. St Ives, South West, £523,731, £1,152
2. Galashiels, Scotland, £153,546, £530
3. Woodbridge, East of England, £481,978, £1,196
4. Hexham, North East, £262,265, £810
5. Perth, Scotland, £179,410, £812
6. Harrogate, Yorkshire and the Humber, £381,124, £1,327
Brits who expect 's*** to hit the fan' enquire about bunkers as Putin 'goes nuclear'
7. Anglesey, Wales, £324,048, £766
8. Bury St Edmunds, East of England, £334,160, £1,368
9. Stirling, Scotland, £197,075, £990
10. Cirencester, South West, £382,065, £1,331
11. Richmond-upon-Thames, London, £1,153,347, £3,931
12. Falmouth, South West, £373,752, £1,289
13. Monmouth, Wales, £331,844, £1,104
14. Leamington Spa, West Midlands, £383,553, £1,274
15. Worcester, West Midlands, £286,250, £1,059
Superstitious Brits reveal their most lucky numbers – seven and five come out on top
16. Northwich, North West, £246,995, £942
17. Altrincham, North West, £615,246, £2,297
18. Macclesfield, North West, £292,078, £1,146
19. Newbury, South East, £380,842, £1,364
20. Llandudno, Wales, £260,245, £760
Local businessman Paul Le Bas, Sales Business Development Manager at Millerson estate agents, in St Ives said: “During the summer months we get to enjoy the three award winning beaches and great surf at Porthmeor whilst joining in with the holiday makers.
“All year round we are able to visit the amazing restaurants and café bars, most of which are highly rated in the national press.
“The coastal walks are second to none.”
To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here .
- For more of the latest news from the world of the Daily Star, check out our homepage
'I tried vegan Christmas turkey options but they tasted like a Ford Escort's exhaust'
'I was married to Elon Musk – he showed me his rocket on our third date'
ISIS leader killed 'in combat with enemies of God' as terror cell announces new leader
Daily Star's Favourite Wrestler Lana Austin finally crowned new women's champion
Source: Read Full Article