Girl headbutts man who tried to grab her on canal path as hunt on to find creep

A tough teenage girl fought off a creep who grabbed her from behind with a headbutt.

The girl was walking along a canal footpath in Derby at around 4.10pm on Tuesday, February 23 when the man walked up behind her.

He grabbed her as she walked past a park, but she hit back with a well-timed headbutt and then ran off.

Derbyshire Constabulary is trying to track down the man and it has run extra patrols in the Alvaston area of Derby, where he tried to take hold of the teenager.

The victim was not able to provide a detailed description of her attacker but said he has a number of cuts and marks on the back of his left hand.

  • EastEnders actress Milly Zero claims she was 'pushed' and 'threatened' by police at Sarah Everard vigil

A police spokesman said: "She told officers he had a long horizontal cut just below his little finger, another cut around the top of his index finger and that he had a mark on the back of his hand a little below his index finger.

"Since the incident officers have been following a number of lines of enquiry and there have been extra patrols in the area.

Like what you see? Then fill your boots…

Want to bring a little glamour to your life every day with all the most exciting real-life stories, fashion and even sex tips HOT off the press?

Well, we've got you covered with our great new Hot Topics newsletter – it'll drop straight into your inbox around 7pm and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

And signing up now means you'll get a front row seat for our great new series inside the lives of the next generation of Daily Star Page 3 girls.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

"Anyone who may have been in the area at the time, or knows someone with similar marks on their hand as detailed above, is urged to contact the force."

Police released details on the attack the day before campaigners held a vigil for Sarah Everard in Derby.

The Metropolitan Police have come under intense criticism after officers used force to remove women from a 'Reclaim These Streets' vigil for Sarah in Clapham Common on Saturday night.

Assistant Commissioner Helen Ball said officers intervened because "hundreds of people were packed tightly together" and there was "a very real risk of easily transmitting Covid-19".

Protests continued on Sunday, with demonstrators marching on Parliament Square and calling on Met Police chief Cressida Dick to resign.

Source: Read Full Article