DJs haunting error playing Ed Sheeran song for wheelchair-bound prom queen
A prom DJ has been criticised for a "f***ed up" up song choice during a wheelchair-bound prom queen's first dance.
In a clip of a senior prom in Texas, the prom queen Sarah Mendenhall is in the middle of the dancefloor alongside the prom king when Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran begins to play.
The song is a modern romantic classic, but the opening line was cruelly ironic in this instance.
READ MORE: Fugitive yoga teacher who 'killed love rival' may have had plastic surgery
Audible gasps were heard in the clip as Sheeran crooned his first line "when your legs don't work like they used to before".
TikTok users couldn't believe the choice, with one person writing: "This would haunt me the rest of my life if I were the DJ."
Someone else wrote: "The way I immediately thought of ‘YOU NEED TO LEAVE!’"
"He called her OUT," penned another.
"Ed Sheeran got straight to the point," a fourth person wrote.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
"I would have been so embarrassed and just cried and left. I’m hoping this didn’t ruin her night," another person wrote.
However, the prom queen herself weighed in, saying she found it funny.
Sarah wrote beneath the video saying: "Hey everyone so this is me lol… I found it really funny and ironic. I didn’t know what was playing until way after cause I was tryna dance @Celeste."
The video creator, Celeste Orozco, then replied, adding: “Had a great prom night and a good laugh about it the next day @sarahmendenhall4.”
- Meghan 'insisted' the butler took over Harry's 'office coffee round', claims source
- Prince Harry says Diana’s voice is ‘even stronger in my life’ after becoming a father
- King Charles' plan to give Lilibet and Archie new titles will be 'big irony' for Harry
- Prince Harry ‘jaded with LA life’ and wants to spend ‘half of year’ in UK, expert claims
- 'Burying' Meghan Markle bullying probe shows royals want 'peace at any price' with Harry
Source: Read Full Article