Boy who suffered ‘allergic reaction’ after eating takeaway dies in hospital
A 16-year-old boy has died after suffering a suspected allergic reaction to a takeaway.
The teenager collapsed after eating food from Uno Pizza on Chapel Street, in Prescot, Merseyside, around midnight on Saturday, Liverpool Echo reports.
Merseyside Police has confirmed that the boy, who was rushed to hospital critically ill, sadly passed away.
They also confirmed that a joint investigation with Knowsley Council was underway looking into the circumstances surrounding the death.
When asked on Wednesday morning, Merseyside Police said the boy was still in critical condition, but in an update issued on Wednesday evening, they said: "We can confirm that 16-year-old boy taken to hospital after falling ill in Prescot has passed away today, Wednesday, 11 March.
"A joint Merseyside Police and Knowsley Council investigation remains ongoing to establish the full circumstances.
"Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time."
Today's Top Stories
Detectives sealed off the takeaway and a joint investigation has been launched by Merseyside Police and Knowsley Council.
The teenager has been named locally as "Nick" and it's thought that teachers from his school informed pupils about the tragic incident this week.
Following the incident, many people took to social media to pay tribute to the teenager.
One woman said: "There needs to be more education surrounding the severity of allergic reactions."
Another said: "Poor lad only went for a bite to eat, family need answers here, deepest sympathy to all his family."
Another woman added: "It's absolutely heartbreaking school staff and children are all heartbroken, and I can't even begin to image what his poor parents are going through."
Source: Read Full Article