Binman dies after downing bottle of Jack Daniel’s bottle in ‘matter of seconds’
The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
A binman died after drinking a 700ml bottle of Jack Daniel's in "a matter of seconds", an inquest heard.
Samuel Nicholas Thomas Davis, 30, from Christchurch in Dorset, had gone round to a friend’s house on November 29 last year during a day off work.
He’d already drunk a bottle of whisky before arriving, the inquest at Bournemouth Town Hall was told.
Rachael Griffin, senior coroner for Dorset, said: “He went around his friend’s house and had a beer or two, then drank a full bottle of Jack Daniel's within a matter of seconds.
“Shortly after that it was apparent he was significantly intoxicated, so much so that his stepfather came to collect him and he collapsed.”
Mr Davis fell in the footwell of his step-dad Stephen Lillington’s car, the Bournemouth Echo reports.
Mr Lillington left Mr Davis to sleep and found him unresponsive after going to check up on him 20 minutes later.
Seven paramedics got him out of the car, by which point he had not been breathing for nearly an hour.
Mr Davis was rushed to Royal Bournemouth Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Dog dumped while dying of cancer helped to scratch off bucket list by kind rescuers
Ms Griffin said he had 609 micrograms of alcohol per 100ml of blood in his system, compared to the average 350mg in fatalities.
She added: “I have never seen a level as high as that that Mr Davis had in his system.”
Mr Davis' mum passed away in 2016, leading to alcohol abuse, according to Mr Lillington.
The inquest heard he would “drink himself incapable”.
- In the News
Source: Read Full Article