You can travel through ‘snow’ on magical interactive steam train this Christmas
September is almost here and for anyone who likes to be super organised it’s time to start thinking about your winter plans.
Booking Christmas activities is important if you don’t want to miss out – and this one based in Surrey is perfect for kids who love trains and transport.
Steam Illuminations is one of the south east's most popular Christmas events and this year families are in for an even better experience.
Departing from Alresford and Alton the pixel mappable LED train will even have a snow feature in 2021.
Passengers will be able to travel through magical “snow” on the nostalgia-filled train ride, plus there are new light installations along the Watercress Line, reports SurreyLive.
Guests will be able to see the outside of the train at the start, middle and end of their journey to capture it by camera.
Running on selected dates from November 26 2021 to January 2 2022 those who choose to visit the light show will be blown away by the flashing patterns while enjoying a trip on a steam train.
Everyone is given an LED wristband to wear on the train and to take home after the event (included in the price of each ticket).
Tickets for the incredible light show – which consists of thousands of fully controllable colour mixing LED lights – are available to buy now.
How to book tickets and things you need to know:
- This event consists of many flashing lights so may be unsuitable for people suffering from epilepsy.
- Booking is essential and tickets are available to purchase via the Watercress Line website atwatercressline.co.uk/steam-illuminations.
- This event sold out last year so hurry if you want to secure tickets.
- Price: A table for up to two people costs £48, up to four people £96 and a compartment for up to six people is £150.
- There are pay and display car parks in Alresford and Alton.
- Anyone arriving on the day with symptoms of Covid-19 will be refused entry and not be eligible for a refund. Anyone developing symptoms prior to the event and notifying the railway will receive a full refund.
- High tea hampers are available to buy at an extra cost.
- The West Country Buffet will also be open from 3pm all evening for hot and cold food and drinks, and the Alton Kiosk will be open for hot drinks, cakes and snacks.
For more stories from the Daily Star, sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Source: Read Full Article