Categories
World News

Coronavirus sex party stormed by police after swingers flout lockdown

Police stormed a group of six people having an orgy after the coronavirus lockdown was implemented in Spain.

Officers said the sex party was taking place in a flat in Madrid, in an apparent brothel.

Local media said neighbours in the building alerted the police after hearing loud noise, music and people coming in and out of the property.

Police went into the property and discovered four women and two men naked in a corridor with three bedrooms, according to the Daily Mail.

Reports have been filed against the six, after officers broke up the orgy.

Local authorities filed a complaint against the tenant who was the only woman registered in the house, for noise pollution and breaking regulations.

The other five people have been reported for breaking the national quarantine declared by the Spanish government to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Madrid has been the worst-hit area in Spain, with 60 per cent of the nation's deaths.

Spain's cases of COVID-19 are increasingly on the rise, currently at 57,786 cases and 4,365 deaths.

It has one of the highest death rates in Europe, despite being on lockdown since March 14.

In shocking scenes, a video appears to show coronavirus patients lining the corridors of a hospital as the COVID-19 pandemic results in a three-day wait for a bed in Spain.

Earlier this week, Spain announced that it will unleash robots capable of testing 80,000 patients a day into the heart of its coronavirus fight.

Head of Madrid's Health Institute Carlos III said: “A plan to automate tests through robots has been already designed, and Spain has committed to buying four robots that will allow us to execute 80,000 tests per day."

It comes after the government in Spain warned that "the worst is yet to come".

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Child, 5, left with mum’s dead body for 12 hours after she died of coronavirus

A young child was left with his mum's dead body for over 12 hours after she died from coronavirus, before both were found by authorities.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that the unidentified 42-year-old woman was most likely dead for 12-16 hours, before being discovered at her Coweta County home.

Tests following the death of the health care worker confirmed that she had contracted COVID-19.

The Georgia health care worker was a mammogram technician at Piedmont Newnan Hospital, however it is unclear how she contracted the bug.

It is unknown whether the child, 5, has also contracted the deadly bug.

The body was discovered after police conducted a welfare check.

"This employee did not work in an area treating known or suspected COVID-19 patients. Our thoughts and prayers are with the employee's family during this difficult time," Piedmont Healthcare spokesman John Manasso said in a release.

He added: "Because we were told that an initial COVID-19 test performed after her death was positive, and because we know people can expose others before they show evidence of the disease, as a cautionary measure, we have contacted the employees and patients who may have had contact with this employee in the days leading up to the colleague's last day at work."

As of yesterday afternoon, Georgia has confirmed 1,026 cases of coronavirus and 32 deaths.

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp has announced the closure of all public schools, as well as banning gatherings of more than 10 people.

The US has 68,367 cases of COVID-19, with 1,029 deaths.

President Donald Trump hopes to open up the US by April, in time for Easter – although health experts have warned this could be detrimental.

Currently the US has closed its borders to European countries in a bid to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

  • Coronavirus
  • In the News

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Ex-Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond not guilty of all sexual assault charges

Former first minister of Scotland, Alex Salmond, has been cleared of attempted rape and a series of sexual assaults, including one with intent to rape, after a trial at the High Court in Edinburgh.

The former SNP First Minister of Scotland walked free after being cleared by a jury following a trial at the High Court in Edinburgh.

Alex Salmond was found not guilty of indecent assault of a woman, known as Woman A, on various occasions in June and July 2008 in a Glasgow pub, by kissing her on the mouth and touching her buttocks and breast with his hands over her clothing.

He was found not guilty of sexual assault of the same woman on an occasion in December 2010 at a nightclub in Edinburgh, by touching her arms, breasts and hips with his hands over her clothing.

Wearing his trademark saltire tie, he showed little emotion as the verdicts were read out.

He turned to the two court security officers and said "thank you" to each of them.

Judge Lady Dorrian discharged Salmond and he said: "Thank you my lady," before leaving the courtroom.

Speaking outside the court Alex Salmond thanked those who supported him during the trial but said his “nightmare” was nothing compared to what the country was going through due to Covid-19.

He said: "There is certain evidence that I would have liked to have seen led in this trial but for a variety of reasons we were not able to do so.

"Those facts will see the light but it won't be this day."

He said: "I'd like to thank my friends and family for standing by me over the last two years."

He also thanked those who have sent him messages, his "brilliant" legal team and the court service who he said have been "courteous beyond limit".

Salmond, 65, denied 13 alleged sexual offences against nine women, who were all either working for the Scottish Government or within the SNP at the time.

The accusations spanned a period between June 2008 and November 2014 and range from him stroking a civil servant's hair to allegedly trying to rape a former Scottish Government official in Bute House.

On Monday, judge Lady Dorrian discharged two jurors, with the remaining 13 sent out to continue deliberations.

The jury began considering their verdicts shortly before 2pm on Friday, before being sent home for the weekend.

Earlier, the judge told the jurors they must decide whether the charges have been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

She explained there are three verdicts available – guilty, not guilty and not proven – the latter two both being verdicts of acquittal in the Scottish legal system.

Salmond's lawyers previously lodged special defences of consent and alibi.

Consent was given as a defence for three alleged sexual assaults and an alleged indecent assault against three women.

The 65-year-old was first arrested and charged by Police Scotland in relation to the allegations in January 2019.

  • In the News
  • Courts

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Cars flattened and buildings collapse in devastating Croatia earthquake

A 5.3 magnitude earthquake has hit Croatia, causing extensive damage within the country.

Pavle Kalinić, head of the Zagreb Office of Emergency Management, has warned residents not to return indoors after the devastating quake.

Despite the disaster, Croatia's Interior Minister Davor Bozinovic has urged people in the streets to keep social distancing themselves as the country struggles to the contain coronavirus spread.

So far, the country has reported 206 cases of coronavirus and one death.

The earthquake has damaged buildings, with falling debris crushing cars in the middle of the streets.

A spire of the historic Zagreb cathedral also partially collapsed and streets have been filled with rubble.

Many residents were awoken from their sleep when the earthquake hit just before 6.30am local time.

A powerful aftershock rocked the country's capital city of Zagreb about 30 minutes later.

Experts said the quake struck at a depth of six miles just north of Zagreb and had an initial reading of 6.0, which was later downgraded to 5.3.

The European Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) registered the quake at a magnitude of 5.3, followed by another 5.1 magnitude earthquake.

Croatia's seismologist Ines Ivancic said the tremor was strong and the internet was down in some areas.

A witness said: "It lasted over 10 seconds. By far the strongest I have ever felt."

The earthquake was also felt in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Slovenia, and Austria.

  • In the News

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Blind golden retriever who’s mistaken for guide dog now needs a ‘guide human’

Guide dogs are often golden retriever breeds due to their great qualities, they are loyal, caring and are easy to train.

But this dog who is often mistaken for a guide dog, needs a "guide human" himself after losing his eyesight.

Tao lost both his eyes to glaucoma and after suffering from excruciating pain, he had to have his first eye removed last year.

The vet revealed he had glaucoma, and warned that Tao may eventually have to be put down.

But Tao's surgery was successful and they were able to removed the eye.

For 11 months, Tao's owner Mel Jackson, from Shepton Mallet in Somerset, gave him eye drops but his eyesight was not getting better and so she train began to train him to prepare him for the day he went completely blind.

Thanks to the training and Tao's own perseverance, after his second eye was removed a year ago he coped well.

53-year-old Mel says: "If you can imagine a migraine and times it by a hundred – that was the pain he was in.

"It began in February 2019 – we had a normal morning. Everything was absolutely fine.

"But you just know when the dog is not his normal self.

"By the night, he was in the most pain I have ever seen so we took him to the vets.

"We didn’t have any other choice but to have the eye removed.

"Then, after a thorough examination, I was made aware that he had it in his second eye.

‘So we monitored it every day, but then he started going in and out of blindness. It wasn’t fair.

"The word [I would use to describe Tao] would be confused. He was in a lot of pain."

Vets had to removed Tao's second eye in January this year – by this time he was already trained.

"He is amazing. He’s so well trained – he listens to every command." says Mel.

"He can go off-lead and waits if you are by a road. If people are coming he gets close to me and if there’s other dogs off their lead he will be aware of that.

"He does everything that we have always done.

"But because he’s a golden retriever and wears a sleeve on his lead saying ‘Blind K9’ people assume I must be the one that’s blind.

"They say: ‘He must be good for you’. I say: ‘No, I’m his guide human!’."

Mel is now trying to raise awareness about glaucoma in dogs, she has also done everything she can to make life easier for Tao.

Including placing sensory and textured mats around the house.

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Coronavirus: Patient reveals disease ‘feels so different’ to flu

A man has spoken out about his experience of coronavirus and revealed how his body reacted to the killer bug.

On March 4, Justin, 39, fell ill after suffering from a headache and having trouble breathing. He then nearly passed out "for no apparent reason."

The type1 diabetic eventually took himself to A&E as symptoms worsened, the Irish Mirror reports.

On Twitter, he wrote: "By that point it hurt to breath. They treated me for flu, gave me Tamiflu, an inhaler and sent me home. They said if I felt worse to come back, so I went back.

"Today it hurts to breath so much. Walking to the bathroom is like running a marathon.

"Don't think chest pain like a heart attack or flu – this isn't the flu. We all pretty much know the flu.

"Think deeper, think lung pain. It's hard to visualise but think when you breath cold air and that "pain" before your lungs warm back up, Kinda like that I guess.

"The inhaler makes my lungs hurt WORSE! With the inhaler, think of you cut yourself and applied alcohol to the wound. It’s kinda like that. Applying medicine to a wound.

"This is no flu. The flu is it’s own thing. This feels SO much different than a flu."

He explained that he is now on lockdown with his family since being allowed to return home.

He said: "I’m home and 'quarantining' with my family.

"If I feel worse I need to go back. So far my vitals are great. Oxygen is 100% but the next few days can really kick my a**.

"If I drop bellow 90% I get oxygen, 85% I get intubated, and at that point it becomes scary."

Justin is encouraging people to stay at home and avoid the risk of spreading the potentially deadly virus.

More than 200,000 people have been affected worldwide, according to the World Health Organisation.

The UK death toll has risen to 104, with 2,626 confirmed cases.

The youngest victim has been named as 45-year-old Craig Ruston, while yesterday, a nine-month-old baby boy became the youngest person to contract the virus in the UK.

Brits being asked to self-isolate in family clusters if anyone in a household displays symptoms.

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Twins take on extreme nude survival challenge in African wilderness

Two twins took on the South African wilderness in the buff as part of a reality TV challenge.

Amber and Serena Shine, from New Zealand, carried out the adventure for Naked and Afraid on the Discovery Channel.

They survived for 21 days by themselves along with the camera crew.

They said they were at one point woken by something that "sounded like Godzilla or a Tyrannosaurus Rex on a rampage through the night".

It turned out to be a bull elephant.

Amber added: "We were in horror as we realised it was coming in our direction and we urgently pondered whether to make noise and try to scare it or whether to stay quiet and pray it didn't find us."

  • Naked woman filmed walking around Brit holiday hotspot sparks outrage

  • Steve Irwin's wife talks heartwarming way he'll be honoured at daughters wedding

They then made the nerve-shredding decision to stand their ground with their "hearts beating out of our chests".

The animal had a change of heart, reports stuff.co.nz, but then came back for more.

Amber continued: "We thought we had dodged a bullet until, to our horror, it came at us again from a different direction.

"This time it was much, much worse and we watched in the moon- and firelight as it came closer and closer.

"But to our shock and disbelief, it didn't even check its step! Just grunted and kept coming. It got to within three metres of us and we thought 'this might be it'.

  • Marauding monkeys take over government office block and force officials to flee

"It felt as if it could almost reach us if it stretched out its trunk. And we had no protection."

Thankfully, it eventually backed off after responding to it with "grunts and screams".

The twins have long been adventurers and have previously scaled African mountains.

But they said spending 21 days naked in South Africa's Limpopo district has been their toughest challenge yet.

  • World's only known albino orangutan spotted in wild in incredibly rare sighting

The show leaves them in the wilderness with no food or water.

Being naked didn't help either. She added: "It was extremely hard trying to survive in Africa in winter with no clothes. Everything was uncomfortable and usually painful.

"Little things like sitting down with your bare bum on hard dirt or gravel, or lying down on super hard ground really get to you after a while."

The series will air later this year.

  • In the News
  • Steve Irwin

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Boy who suffered ‘allergic reaction’ after eating takeaway dies in hospital

A 16-year-old boy has died after suffering a suspected allergic reaction to a takeaway.

The teenager collapsed after eating food from Uno Pizza on Chapel Street, in Prescot, Merseyside, around midnight on Saturday, Liverpool Echo reports.

Merseyside Police has confirmed that the boy, who was rushed to hospital critically ill, sadly passed away.

They also confirmed that a joint investigation with Knowsley Council was underway looking into the circumstances surrounding the death.

When asked on Wednesday morning, Merseyside Police said the boy was still in critical condition, but in an update issued on Wednesday evening, they said: "We can confirm that 16-year-old boy taken to hospital after falling ill in Prescot has passed away today, Wednesday, 11 March.

"A joint Merseyside Police and Knowsley Council investigation remains ongoing to establish the full circumstances.

"Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time."

Read More

Today's Top Stories

  • Meghan and Harry's new plans unveiled
  • Fresh coronavirus warning to smokers
  • Aldi shoppers leave OAP close to tears
  • Kidnapped girl found inside sofa bed

Detectives sealed off the takeaway and a joint investigation has been launched by Merseyside Police and Knowsley Council.

The teenager has been named locally as "Nick" and it's thought that teachers from his school informed pupils about the tragic incident this week.

Following the incident, many people took to social media to pay tribute to the teenager.

One woman said: "There needs to be more education surrounding the severity of allergic reactions."

Another said: "Poor lad only went for a bite to eat, family need answers here, deepest sympathy to all his family."

Another woman added: "It's absolutely heartbreaking school staff and children are all heartbroken, and I can't even begin to image what his poor parents are going through."

Source: Read Full Article