Brought home a BYD Atto 3: Pros, cons, observations on charging & more
Range is very good – 420 km, which means no “need” for stops if your journey is around 400 km.
BHPian evolvo recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Got our Atto 3 at the start of the month.
- Super good looking car (especially red).
- Super comfy interiors and ride.
- Super slick LED light bars in front and back.
- Apple CarPlay works fine (looks gorge on the big touch screen).
- Rear seat comfort is good (look ma, no floor hump ).
- Range is very good – 420km, which means no “need” for stops if your journey is around 400km.
- Great experience overall.
- Braking at high speeds does not inspire confidence (probably due to the low resistance tyres).
- Battery depletes “real fast” at 110+ speeds.
- No frunk (can be resolved with after market fitment on Alibaba).
- Playing music via Bluetooth mixes up the album art.
- Window reflections on centre screen as it is not tilted towards driver.
- 2nd screen (near steering) is ok, but needs much better graphics and legibility.
- I/UX for both screens could be lot better.
- No BYD app in India (yet).
The BYD experience:
- The experience with Mody BYD Hyderabad was generally good. A special mention to the ever pleasant Srikanth.
- Still awaiting the RSA, SIM card and 7kW charger from BYD.
- The accessories kit is pretty lame and better to avoid (yet to get many items still).
- Still awaiting 7 kW charger from BYD.
- Currently managing with 3kW mobile charger, seems fine as it charges upto 60% overnight.
- Tried only one DC charger so far, it charged fine but no cellular service means could not disconnect from app.
- No option to charge in apartment, but luckily my office parking has a port just beside my parking slot.
Real world range:
- Average range of 420km can be easily achieved on full charge (considering worst and best figures of 380 – 480 km).
- Best range 480km achieved by hypermiling between 80-90 kmph (extrapolated from 360km trip ending with 25% charge).
- Worst range 380km achieved by aggressive driving between 110-120 kmph (extrapolated from 360km trip ending with 5% charge).
I’d be happy to answer any specific questions.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article